Sydney night, 1984, oil crayon and ink on paper, 70 x 80cm
Using the following four-step thinking routine, critique the above artwork created by Ken Done. If you click on the image, it should enlarge to see it bigger.
1. Description (see)
- What do you see? Include facts from the credit line.
2. Analysis (zoom in)
- What elements of art do you see?
- What principles of design do you see?
- What is the artist trying to show or say in the artwork?
- How has the artist used the elements and principles to express his/her idea?
- Your opinion: Why do you like or dislike the artwork?