Mrs Giusti & 5/6 RG's Class Blog

Open the door to Mercy

Gender Equality

Watch the Spice Girls cover – promoting Equality and discuss what you think about the clip and the issue.

Also, respond to a class members post.

1. I see girls promoting that everyone should be treated equal. Girls are dancing but they are also getting a message out to everyone about gender equality.

I think that the girls are trying to make the government think that all girls should be treated he same.

I wonder why has the dance helped the promotion.
    I wonder why all the signs had helped the promotion.

• That’s all true but when I read your one I started to think that if girls keep trying to promote gender equality they might do it too much and then boys would have less opertunities then gender equality still wouldn’t be even.
      🙁

• nice job sarah i like your answer

2. I think that if lots of people saw this it would help euqulise gender eaqulity and with the signs that you see throughout the video might make the human rights on them happen in more places.

3. I see poverty and women in a alley way who have probably been involved in abuse. I also see women in a school who want and are having education. I see people who want gender equality.

I think the women that wanted education are from Pakistan. I think the women who were singing and dancing went on that bus because it was the bus to gender equality.

I wonder why are women not equal to men? Why do some women not get a education but have to look after a house, wouldn’t they do better looking after the house if they had a education?

4. SEE THINK
    -Girls dancing -Girls don’t want to get married under the age of 18
    -Messages -The girls in this video want equality
    -People singing -Girls want a right to quality education
    -Backgrounds changing
    -School girls
    -Signs WONDER
    -If this video got discussed at the UN
    -If the girls in this video went through gender inequality
    -How many people posted photos of themselves
    – How long it took to make this video

• -Girls dancing
      -Messages
      -People singing
      -Backgrounds changing
      -School girls
      -Signs
      THINK
      -Girls don’t want to get married under the age of 18
      -The girls in this video want equality
      -Girls want an education

WONDER
      -If this video got discussed at the UN
      -How long it took to make this video

• I agree with what Niamh has said because I don’t know anyone who want to be married under the age of 18.
        People would want Gender Equality or other wise they would start protesting and the government would not be happy about that and then they might make stricter rules which would make the girls upset.
        Great Think See Wonders Niamh!

• The video probably took a pretty long time to make like most music videos. I do not think that this video got discussed at the UN.

• Great work Niamh!!!!! I think your SEE THINK WONDER was really good!!!!!

5. SEE
    I see girls promoting that everyone should be treated equal. Girls are dancing but they are also getting a message out to everyone about gender equality.

THINK

WONDER

6. I think that if lots of people watched this video it would help equalise gender equality and with the signs you see throughout the video might make human rights rights happen in more places.

7. -Girls dancing
    -Messages
    -People singing
    -Backgrounds changing
    -School girls
    -Signs
    THINK
    -The girls in this video want equality
    -Girls want an education

WONDER
    -If this video got discussed at the UN
    -How long it took to make this video

8. SEE. THINK. WONDER. ISSUE.
    See ~
    • I can see in the background there are people living in a third world country
    • A group of girls are trying to raise awareness of the problems in our world.
    • I see a group of girls trying to stop gender inequality.
    Think~
    • I think this video has changed other people’s perspectives.
    • After watching the video, more people will want to make a difference.
    • I think the point of this video is to get as many as possible to STOP gender inequality.
    Wonder~
    • I wonder what inspired these girls to make this video?
    • How many people are trying to make a difference now?
    • Have these girls witnessed or been a victim of gender inequality?
    Issue~
    • People are being treated unfairly based on their gender.
    • People are being married as a child.
    • People are doing too much work and not getting paid for it.

• Lauren I would agree with your issue especially because so many people get teased by their looks. Also many third world countries have been effected the most.

• I agree with you’re answers Lauren, especially the one where you said that the clip will change other people’s perspective. I think it will too.

Great job!

9. In this video I see different signs saying to stop different challenges to do with gender equality, I see people from a bunch of different places, and finally, I see girls wanting to make a difference. In this video I think that they are trying to get a very important message across to lots of people. And I also think that they are doing a great job at getting a message across about gender equality. In this video I wonder what goes on behind the scenes? How many people agree with having gender equality? Now are more girls allowed to go to school? This is what I saw, thought and wondered.
    By Abbey

10. See
    • I see people houses been damaged
    • I see girls dancing for the right and equally of everybody.
    Think
    • I think this video can get world wide by people using their #hash-tag
    • I think this is a catchy song it grabs the audience attention.
    Wonder
    • I wonder why they chose to sing a song about gender equality.
    • I wonder if everyone who watches this cli gets the message.
    • I wonder why these girls chose this setting and not any other.
    Issue
    • People are treated unfair especially girls
    • People not having the right of education
    • Girls been expected to be at home.

11. See: I see people using a well known song to get 3rd world problems around the world to try and get people to help out others suffering in these problems.

Think: I think this was a important vidio because they are trying to get a message around the world through a creative way and a way people would like to listen to and help.

Wonder:
    – I wonder if the girls in this vidio are from the 3rd world?
    – How did they come up with this idea?
    – What was going through their heads when they were filming?

• I think that all of your information is very accurate and good. I like also how your question “What was going through their heads when they were filming”.
      It is also good because you listed why this video is important and I definitely agree with your answer.

• I agree with you but I do not think that this video is made by third world girls as they would not know how to use a camera. it is probably made by people who want to stop gender inequality.

12. SEE THINK WONDER
    I See
    -lots of different goals
    -lots of different settings
    -a few messages
    -that the video is set in a third world country
    -people fighting for gender equality
    I Think
    -they want the world to be equal
    -they want girls to be treated the same way as boys
    I Wonder
    -if people would listen to the song
    -if people would read what the messages say
    -if people would do anything to help

13. See: Throughout the video, I see signs and banners that say problems like gender equality, girls education, etc.
    The girls are promoting/ singing about 3rd world problems and they are doin it in a song.
    This video was filmed in a 3rd world country and the video was about 3rd world problems.

Think: I think these girls are standing up for gender equality because they might hate seeing girls being treated unevenly than boys.
    I think this song is relevant to gender equality because they sing about the poor problems in the song. Not just gender equality.

Wonder: I wonder if the spice girls that ding the son fare from 3rd world countries or if their just extremely nice (what I think) and stand up for girls.
    I also wonder if this video was filed,ed behind a green screen or it was actually filmed in a 3rd world country.
    I also wonder if since the video was uploaded people used the hashtag, #WhatIReallyReallyWant

• Jared I think you have completed the sheet everyone was given well, and what you think about the video and your understanding of the video is very good. 🙂

14. See
    I see 5 girls trying to make a difference in the world standing up for gender equity and making a change.
    Think
    I think this video is important to everyone and they should follow what the girls in the video are saying because it is all true what they are saying.
    Wonder
    1.I wonder why people think gender equity is ok.
    2.I wonder if people will listen and make a change
    3.I wonder if children get picked on for gender equity
    Connection
    The connection I make was if this video was made by a boy band would more people listen or watch this video?

15. The message the girls are trying to tell the public is that both men, women, boys and girls both deserve equal human rights. While singing and dancing the girls are holding up signs with the human rights they believe should be given to boys and girls. The issue is that most people think that men are more powerful and
    important than girls and women. I believe men and women should have equal rights because they are no different.

16. In this video I can see different signs and ways that they are trying to get a message across the word. The issue is that people are thinking that Male’s are more important that Female’s. The message is trying to get Female’s point across. This is covering most Female’s point of view. I believe that Male’s and Female’s are seen as equal. Females are know to stay at home and cook, clean and wash. This might only happen in some countries but we need to stop and help.We can change this we just have to work together as a team.

17. I see people dancing to a catchy song that is saying what I really really want and What the people want is human rights so they put it in a poor country so that we can see what people are going through so we can make a difference to the world.

I think that people are singing this song because they want to go to school and get a good job so they can make money to buy food and toys if you have kids our to buy cooking supply’s to cook for your family.

I wonder if these people are righting more songs i wonder if people are thinking of making a difference to this world to make it better

18. See
    – I can see signs saying world problems, such as child marriage, education for all girls and o receive the equal amount of money as others when you do the same work. I can also see the people being effected by it.

Think
    – I think that the spice girls decided to sing the song instead of just stating world problems was so that people would remember the song and remember the issues so people could try to and solve the issues.

Wonder
    – I wonder why the spice girls decided to make the clip, did someone have a bad experience or witness these events? Or did they just want a change inn the world?

19. Oops “inn” is supposed to be in

20. The whole point of this short clip was to promote gender equality around the world, Many of the countries shown were generally countries that don’t have gender equality.
    I wonder if this clip is actually making people realise that gender equality can be mastered so girls can get an education and be treated fairly.

I think people are showing this so if girls can get an education their won’t be so much poverty and sexism.

21. SEE-
    ❣I can see a signs saying, “END VIOLELENCE AGAINST GIRLS” “QUALITY EDUCATION FOR ALL GIRLS” “END CHILD MARRIAGE.”
    ❣I can see the determination in the spice girls singing by singing loud and proudly, because they really want all these rights for girls to empower them.
    ❣I see happy faces on all the girls because they are grateful for what the spice girls are doing for them to make a change in this world.

THINK-
    ❣ I think the main girl in the classroom at the start is acting as Malala Yousafzai, because the spice girls are using Pakistan as a perfect example of how they are getting treated by men and especially the Taliban.
    ❣ I think the spice girls were definitely wanting to put a stop to all these things against girls, otherwise they wouldn’t of made a song about this in the first place. You can tell they really want it to stop and empower women and young girls.
    ❣ I think the song really has changed the worlds thinking about ending violence against girls, having the same quality education as everyone else and ending child marriage. It has definitely touched people and got everyone talking and thinking hard about it.

WONDER-
    ❣ I wonder who inspired or what made the spice girls think about make a song about all these world problems towards girls.
    ❣ I wonder if the UN saw this and decided to take it on board to try stop all these things against girls.
    ❣ I wonder how I could make a difference in girls lives?

Grace