Mrs Giusti & 5/6 RG's Class Blog

Open the door to Mercy

Soul Surfer

im1508804_l

‘People think Bethany is an inspiration.’ Do you agree or disagree? Explain your reasons. Make sure your response has been proof read before you post it and has punctuation.

1. I agree with the statement ” PEOPLE THINK BETHANY HAMILTON IS AN INSPIRATION,” because she was braves and wouldn’t let anything get in her way. She asked when can she surf again and Bethany’s dad knew that that was a good sign because she was never going to give up.

Bethany Hamilton is an inspiration because even if she didn’t win the competition, in her heart and her families they all knew that Bethany is a true winner even if it didn’t literally happen. Everyone knew what she had been through and that is why she is an inspiration.

2. I believe that Bethany is an inspiration because when the attack happened, she didn’t say stuff like “This is the worst ever now I can barely surf,” she stayed positive and knew that her arm was bitten off and she can’t go back so she has to put up with it. She is also an inspiration because she kept surfing and didn’t let that arm ruin her surfing career

3. I agree that Bethany is an inspiration because when she was bitten by the tiger shark she did not give up. She tried and tried again and again. She inspires us to be resilient and never give up. Bethany is an inspiration to the community as she teaches the disable to keep going and that they can do anything they set their heart in. She teaches EVERYONE that we can do anything we set our hearts in. Bethany is really an inspiration to our community.

4. I think Bethany is an inspiration because surfing was her life until a tiger shark bit her arm off on Halloween morning. she barely hesitated to get back in the water and pursued her dream of surfing. Bethany shows us that we should not let anything or anyone get in the way or stop us from achieving our full potential.

5. Soul Surfer – Is Bethany an inspiration?
    Yes, I believe that Bethany is an inspiration because when she was bitten by the shark, she had faith that things will get better and she kept fighting and believing. I know that if I was in this situation, I would never want to get back in the water because I would be too scared of a shark attacking me again, but the first thing Bethany asked when she woke up was ‘When can I get back in the water?’ I see this as Bethany trying to look on the bright side of her situation. I think Bethany was very good in accepting her family’s advice and help, if it was me I would just want to be left alone.

6. People think Bethany is an inspiration.’ Do you agree or disagree? Explain your reasons. Make sure your response has been proof read before you post it and has punctuation…

I’m not to sure if she is an inspiration because I guess if you are dedicated to something so badly than of course you will get back on your surfboard and continue to do what you love. Than again I do find her a inspirational because it is pretty hard to have the courage to go back out into the ocean to a place you nearly died in. She went into competitions with one arm and still continued to succeed. I love Bethany for what she has done in her life but I still find it hard to see her as inspirational because I am not into surfing and I wasn’t in Hawaii when it happened but I totally respect her 100%

7. Soul Surfer
    Yes, I do think Bethany Hamilton is an inspiration, because after her shark attack she has persistence and to try her best and to keep on going. I love how she was open to listening to feedback from her family and friends. Bethany never gave up and to me she showed a lot of courage. Even after her arm was gone she asked ‘’When can I surf again?’’ and that’s all she wanted and she believed that she can still do what she loves even with one arm.
    I really do believe that Bethany is an inspiration and I really look up to her. When I am in a hard situation I can do my best to forget about it and keep going.

8. I think Bethany is a big inspiration because, her arm got bitten off surfing and she still kept surfing afterwards. Bethany got back on her surf board after the attack and that shows she doesn’t want to give up on her dream just because of the shark. Bethany inspired people that even though something bad might happen, if you really wanted to reach your dream, you wouldn’t give up.

9. I think that Bethany Hamilton is an inspiration because she inspired many people to get back into the ocean in Thailand after a huge tsunami. Bethany is also an inspiration because she proves that if you put your mind to anything then you can do it. Bethany showed this because she didn’t have an arm, but she still continued to surf. Bethany is a inspiration to everyone and teachers others to believe not only in yourself but to also believe in others.

10. ‘People think Bethany is an inspiration.’
    Do you agree or disagree?

I agree that she is an inspiration because people describe a hero as brave, courageous, and someone who saves the day. Bethany was a Christian child and was majorly influenced by her family and close friends. When a shark ripped off a chunk of her board along with her left arm, it almost killed her. At only 13 years old, it must have been a big shock, and her dreams would of seemed as though they had been shattered. But now, she is surfing in competitions again and is one of the best surfers in the world. This is why I believe she is an inspiration.

11. I think Bethany is a inspiration because she always has a positive look on bad things. She’s also an inspiration because she still surfs today with one arm.

12. “People think Bethany is an inspiration”
    I agree because when Bethany was reading fan mail in the movie, she got some from a boy who had lost his arm and he is trying out for the school soccer team because of her. That just shows that even if you lose an arm or limb you can still achieve your dreams and goals and Bethany is one of those people. With enough effort, you can get your goals and become what your dream is or Bethany, a pro surfer

13. I believe that Bethany is an inspiration because after the attack happened she was not focusing on the negatives of the attack but the positives. Such as ‘I’ll be back on my surfboard in not time’ and ‘at least I still have one arm.’ Bethany’s optimism is what inspires people because people who are negative see Bethany and start looking on the bright side of things. This inspiration can also have an impact on people’s general life because it makes them feel better when they succeed over time and this can make people help out more and be more positive.

14. I believe that Bethany is an inspiration because when she was attacked, she was trying to keep calm and even after the attack in hospital Bethany was not saying that her life was over, but she was asking “when can I surf again?”. That to me is totally amazing because she was keeping up to her dream and trying her best to not feel different. Another place where she was inspirational, was when she was in the place where the tsunami happened, she show everyone that the ocean was not a place to be feared, but a place where you can have fun.

15. I think Bethany is an inspiration because she shows how she lives with one arm and how she looks after herself. I think Bethany is a great Spirit Filled person because she doesn’t make a big of a deal that she only has one arm. Bethany also has a positive outlook everyday.

16. I agree that Bethany is an inspiration to her Community by showing everybody that if you have lost an arm or you a disabled you still can have a dream to be what you wasn’t and you still can be the same as you always where . She also is an inspiration to her Community by being a leader to all the people in her life by showing love and care to everybody in her life. She has one arm but all she needs is family and friends and a lot of courage.

17. I definitely agree that Bethany Hamilton is a massive inspiration to everyone. She shows qualities of persistence and determination. After going through such a tragedy most people would have a phobia of the, become depressed and never surf again. I think it’s amazing how Bethany has turned such a bad negative into a positive situation.

18. I agree that Bethany is an inspiration because she was only thirteen when she had her arm bitten off by a shark. This completely changed her life however she said that if she could change losing her arm she wouldn’t because she should wouldn’t have gone on this amazing adventure. She is an inspiration because she showed lots of courage and she must have been through a lot of mental trauma so she must be very head strong.

19. I think Bethany is an inspiration because she lost her arm and when she was in the shark attack she was calm during the attack. She is also an inspiration because she encouraged others without limbs to continue what they love to do and to reach new heights, she even encouraged herself to surf again with the help of her family and reached a new height. This is why I think Bethany Hamilton is a inspiration.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

20. I agree Bethany Hamilton is a inspiration because of how she overcame something that would shatter someones dreams as well as their lives.

I think it is amazing that Bethany had made a full recovery and came back to the water without fearing another attack.

In conclusion, Bethany Hamilton should be one of the most inspirational people I know because her passion for surfing was not stopped by something terrible

21. Yes, I think Bethany is an inspiration because when she was attacked she stayed strong and handled it well, and I think that is inspiring to all of her fans and the people that have heard of her story. Bethany is an inspiration to me because she taught me to believe in myself and that anything is possible. I think that Bethany’s story has inspired millions of people worldwide.

22. I think Bethany is an inspiration because she got her left arm bitten off by a 14 foot tiger shark and tried to keep surfing instead of giving up like a lot of people would. Even know it would be hard to surf without your left arm but she kept trying. So i think she is a very big inspiration for people.

23. I believe that Bethany is an inspiration because she never gave up and kept going she was clumsy with one are for the first time but that she penitence and resilience. she love to teach other kids and adults that if anything gets in your way always try and try again. Bethany is a real inspiration to everyone. Her arm did not let it ruin her surfing career